The purpose of this section is to provide information on how to use the Project Close Process in e-Builder to change the Project Status to Closed.The process will verify that commitments have been closed and that funding has been deactivated, however, the process should only be initiated when the Project Manager is sure (to the best of their knowledge) that all invoices and time have been billed.
- The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for initiating the Project Close Process.
- The Contract Administrator is responsible for verifying that all commitments have been closed.
- The Budget Approver is responsible for verifying that all funding sources have been deactivated on the project and that remaining funds have been transferred back to the Department’s Index.
- The Project Controls Manager is responsible for verifying information and closing the project.
The PM should initiate the Project Close Process when all invoices have been paid and there are no outstanding commitments left to fulfill.
- To start the process, select Start Process from the Processes option within a given project.
- Choose Close Project (CLOSE) from the Process Selections.
- Start Screen (PM)
- Enter Final Acceptance Date.
- Check the Yes, all Invoices have been received box to confirm that all invoices have been received to the best of your knowledge.
- Check the Yes, all billable time has been entered and approved for this project box to confirm that all billable hours have been entered and approved to the best of your knowledge.
- The process will continue to the Contract Administrator to confirm that all commitments have been closed and with the Budget Approver to confirm that all Funding Sources have been deactivated and that all remaining funds have been transferred back to the Department’s index.
- At any time in the process, the parties responsible for their corresponding step may require the Initiator (Project Manager) to Revise the process.
- Once the process is complete, the project status will be set to Closed.